We all want to be scooping up as many customers and leads as we can, right?
In fact, a lot of people I know get “Lead Gen” stress…
It’s where they see all the Gurus and agencies telling them in their feed they need to do “X”, no wait, “Y”; but that’s of course after you’ve integrated with “A, B and C”…
They tell me they feel burned out before they start because it seems like…
- A) They’re missing the boat big time on lead generation (probably true)
- B) There’s no way they could know what they need to know to get it done and…
- C) Scarcity mindsight. If all you see is ads and articles about people “killing it” you might be wondering…”How could I even compete anyway?” Worry not, you can with this simple guide to get you started.
*You’ve probably seen something similar to this post, but I am going to give you that last 10% you need to actually do it yourself. (NOTE: Everyone thinks Facebook Business Manager is Confusing! You’re Not Alone! Just hang in there 🙂
“How Do I Know What I Have To Share Works?”
Easy answer, I do it everyday.
Longer answer: Currently we’re averaging conversions for $1.75 or less, have over an 11% optin rate (on a form where we’re asking for First, Last, Email and Phone Number!) and a cost per pixel of less than $0.10? How are we achieving these great results? Keep reading to learn how…Armed with this information, you can start putting together a WINNING cold traffic strategy! Check it out!
Landing Page Conversions:
Creating Your Cold Traffic Campaign:
What is a cold traffic campaign?
Here’s my definition: “they don’t know you and haven’t heard of you or your product before”
Simple enough, right?
That’s probably a lot of people! I know you’re super awesome, but still, more people don’t know you, than know you; which is quite alright and leads us to our next point…
Where to start?
Right here, duh!
Here’s a quick tip to better target the right prospects for your campaign (and it actually works!)
What is the one thing your hardcore audience knows about your topic or niche that the casual audience wouldn’t?
Some examples (below)
- Casual Audience: Knows “Warren Buffett”
- More Serious Audience: Knows “Ray Dalio”
- Hardcore Audience: Knows “Benjamin Graham” or “Philip A. Fisher” (never heard of them unless you’re into investing, right?)
Topic: Dog Shows
- Casual Audience: Knows “Dog Olympics”
- More Serious Audience: AKC/Eukanuba National Championship
- Hardcore Audience: Crufts (Never heard of it, had to google it, but it is the world’s largest dog show!)
So think about who you’ll want to be targeting. Hardcore is always better than casual. Even your Grandma knows who Tiger Woods’ is, so if you were selling something Golf related that would be WAAAY to broad. Niche, Niche, Niche!
Facebook Ads by the Numbers
*I’m assuming you’re using Facebook Ads but this strategy will work with other platforms like Google AdWords, Pinterest, BingAds etc.
- Targeting: Interest categories with target size of 500K – 1MM
- Content/Offer: Cold traffic to High Value Content or Lead Magnet
- Budget: $5 per day (as an example)
- Success Metric: CPP (cost per tracking pixel)
- AD Objective: Clicks to website
- Bidding: Manual bidding by clicks (slightly higher than suggested bid)
To Break it Down For Ya…
Targeting: Use the interest targeting in Facebook to find your target audience, using the tips above, to create an audience site in the sweet spot of 500K – 1MM potential prospects.
Content Offer: Send them to highly relevant content that provides a ton of value! If you’re sending them to a lead magnet (i.e. they’re going to give you some information, maybe their name and email, and you’re going to send them some information, like a checklist or eBook, make sure it is a low friction offer with a lot of upside for them!)
NOTE: Please, do not send cold traffic to an order form or high dollar offer. It won’t convert. I’ve wasted plenty of money doing it in the past, so take my word for it. That’s like asking for a prenup on the first date! (and ends about as well as you’d expect) Remember this is cold traffic. You’re acquainting them, positively, with your brand for the first time – put your best foot forward here.
Budget: $5 per day (as an example) but start small to begin with so that you can see how things are going. Facebook Ads can run away on you if you’re not vigilant.
Success Metric: Cost Per Pixel (so, what’s the cost to pixel your traffic)
AD Objective: Clicks to website (more clicks the better obviously, remember we’ll be converting these people to warm traffic hopefully soon. Also this pixelled traffic will be used to create lookalike audiences for your future cold traffic campaigns)
BONUS: Make sure you have a johnson box, optin box within the content or an exit intent popup with a lead magnet (have something to offer). Just because you’re doing a cold traffic campaign doesn’t mean you don’t give them the option to sign up for something valuable. If you’re sending them to a lead magnet. MAKE SURE you landing page resembles your Ad both in look and content.
Why is this important? Ohhh lawdy… let me count the ways…
- You get new traffic to your site (win)
- You can measure how well your site converts that traffic
- You can optimize your ad copy and start learning today
- THIS IS HUGE: Make lookalike audiences of the people that click
- Gauge how prospects view the perceived value of your content
- Get new customers and Warm Leads
- You need more?
Follow these steps to get new blood into your business and learn what really works using small daily budgets. Run multiple offers and content pieces until you’ve got your own personal formula down for generating cold traffic leads. It really is that easy (and inexpensive). Stop thinking. Start creating.
Still feeling lost? Book a free 15 minute consultation to clear things up here.